The Museum of Sacred Art
Set up in the vicarage at the end of the 1980s, it is now a...
Set up in the rooms of the rectory at the end of the eighties of the last century and recently rearranged by the new parish priest don Samuele U. Riva.
In the centre of the room, a glass case holds the volume of the Criminal and Civil Statutes of the State of Sabbioneta. From the atrium one crosses a lovely botanical garden with numerous essences, scattered with eighteenth-century marbles. The organ donated by Vespasiano Gonzaga Colonna to the Sabbioneta community is remarkable. The most important element of the collections on display here is kept in an armoured case: the pendant of the collar of the Order of the Golden Fleece, which Vespasiano was awarded in 1585, found in 1988 in the duke's tomb and which remained with the Sablonetae Conditor in the sacellum for four hundred years. A heraldic and documentary element of extraordinary charm and suggestion, whose preciousness transcends the golden consistency of the piece.